Think about your home town and answer these questions: I've got a day in your home town. What can I do? / Where is the best place to get a nice, reasonably priced meal in your home town?

Comments

  1. I was born in the beautiful but chaotic Mexico City, it's a pretty interesting city. Although it's a bit small, you can find several tourist attractions for all kinds of tourists. On this occasion, I would like to recommend 3 of my favorite places that you could visit in one day.
    - Chapultepec Castle is one of the most important places in the city, since it’s the only castle in America. There, you will find guided tours, where guides will explain about the history of this place and about the history of Mexico. In addition, in the upper part of the castle you will find a beautiful view of the city, where you can take a lot of photos. It’s open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the admission fee is not very expensive and the tour takes about 2 hours.
    -Take a tour on the Turibus. This has different routes such as the Historic Center, Polanco, Coyoacán among others. The guides will explain to you about the places that the Turibus goes through. It’s quite a nice tour and it's a good way to learn a bit more about the city. There are tours every day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. It takes 2 and a half hours and the price of the tour is $160 during the week and $180 on weekends.
    -If you like soccer like me, the Azteca Stadium is a good option for you. It’s one of the most famous and most historical stadiums in the world. There are tours where you will get to know its facilities, background and exclusive areas. It’s open from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The price of the tour is $180. You can also attend a football match on weekends, the price depends on the team that plays.
    If you want to enjoy the gastronomy of the city, Jamaica is a great option. In this market you will find a variety of dishes such as carnitas, tacos, barbacoa, flautas, huaraches, quesadillas, seafood and more. The food is cheap and very delicious. You'll quite enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a doubt, Chapultepec Castle is a beautiful place where you can learn a lot.
      I have never taken a tour on the turibus, maybe one day I will.

      Delete
    2. I visit the Historic center a lot of times and I’ve never, like ever, tried the Turibus. What a shame!
      Literally you can find any kind of stuff and that’s so stunning and I like it for that even when, well, you know past 12 you have to walk through crowded streets.

      Delete
  2. I was born in Mexico City, but all my family are from Puebla, a fun fact... I´m the only member of my family who was born here.
    So, I feel Puebla as my hometown, and is a little town in the north of the state.
    There are places not as expensive as the CDMX, but delicious. The techniques for cooking are priceless.
    The tortillas are made in the comal, the coffee is boiled in firewood and the coffee is brought from Veracruz because we are near of the coffee growers. There are a few bakeries with stone oven.
    The food is more organic because there are farmers in the town.
    Is possible to find many places to eat and delicious. But my favorite is one place of tlacoyos near of the highway. You can order tlacoyos with pork or rabbit meat and an apple soda made in zacatlan.
    And at the and you can drink a warm coffee with a piece of bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapultepec is a key point in our city, I love to give a walk in the forest or in the Reforma street. There are many options for eat or drink a coffee, Is a perfect plan for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting the Latin American tower, it has an incredible view of the city. In addition, it has a restaurant where you can enjoy an excellent meal. For me, it's an excellent plan to visit a museum in the city. In fact, Mexico City is the second place with the most museums worldwide, it has approximately 171 museums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was 15 I moved to the State of Mexico. I used to think that the State of Mexico wasn't a particularly beautiful place to live, but I changed my mind once I noticed that there are tourist places to visit. For example, If you aren’t afraid of heights you will like the trip by a hot air balloon flight over Teotihuacan, I’m sure you will quite like it because while you are into the basket and feel the cool air you will know that a trip by a hot air balloon flight is relaxing.

    The second place you may enjoy, I visited this place last year and let me tell you that Mini Mundos ( thematic park) is rather interesting. Here you can look at several models of the most iconic buildings of different countries, for example Basílica de Guadalupe, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal and other famous buildings.

    In Teotihuacan, you can climb the Pyramids that are there and additionally you can enjoy of several mexican meals like quesadilla, chilaquiles, specials like this soup called “Conejo en la Luna” and at weekends you can enjoy of the barbacoa. But my recommendation is: I rather think you should go on Monday or Wednesday, because there will be quite a few people on those days. The price for the meal doesn’t exceed $280.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born and raised in the beautiful city of Mexico, day by day this city can teach you that nothing is impossible. The places that I personally like to visit and where I feel free in this crowded city are:
    First, a nice place to go out and think, ride a bike and reflect is the bicentennial park. Located near the refinery subway, spending a pleasant time there will make you feel more relaxed and connect with nature.
    After this relaxing trip, it will be time to eat and you can visit the restaurant that is in front of the park.
    The vip's, which does not have the best Mexican food in the world, however, is the closest option to the park. Here you can enjoy a quiet afternoon alone or with your family. Since this restaurant is very quiet and you find peace after being in the park

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live around there and I really like to visit those places, it is a pretty good option.

      Delete
  7. My hometown, as many may know, is Mexico City it is quite a busy city. Therefore, there are many places that you can visit to have a good time, such as the sumaya museum, the aquarium, the jumex museum are places that are close to each other so you could visit them in a single day. Just like very close to them you can eat in the square that is next to it is fairly long, since it has a wide variety of fast food is quite good that you can find around you. Therefore, for me it would be an ideal option to visit when you have a free weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lived in Tlaxcala state’s capital for about ten years and just two blocks far away from my home people can enjoy the elegant historic center that is well worth a visit. The compact colonial center contains several important historic sites, including one of the oldest churches to be found in the country, La Catedral de Nuestra Señora de La Asunción, and a lot of restaurants for people with different types of diets such as vegan, and vegetarian and so on.
    Another important landmark is the government Palace which receives some spectacular murals. Another destination is the regional art museum, which collection of early Frida Kahlo paintings. But about the food, if you want to taste the delicious and characteristic dishes of my region you can eat in a place called “Los Portales” where you will find molotes which are small cornmeal-and-cheese-based "biscuits" with a variety of stuffings, such as pig brains, macerated meat, potatoes with pork sausages the other option are gusanos de maguey and some candies such as Pepitoria, a crisp candy based on brown-sugar syrup and/or refined sugar, toasted corn, and seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The state of Mexico is a rather big state with quite a lot varieties of places, but if you like natural landscapes, you should visit some lakes or El nevado de Toluca. Those are places with a pretty interesting diversity of species and weathers. I have talked with lots of people about their experience in those places and all of them quite agree that the view is imposing. Moreover you do not have to worry about a good place to get a nice and reasonably priced meal beacause there are quite a lot places where you can try typical food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allen! I didn't particularly hope to visit the State of Mexico but now I feel quite interested because of the landscapes you mention. I think this is not very bad idea for a weekend trip with family! Honestly, I quite enjoy cold climates. Thank you for quite a good review!

      Delete
  10. I was born in Mexico City some years ago, I think it is a fairly interesting city in the world, it is a multicultural and cosmopolitan because it offers different options for its visitants. You can visit museums, the principal zocalo square, art on the street, zoos, theatres, monuments, and you can enjoy typical dishes.
    In my opinion the zocalo square is very important because it has lived different dates important, it was a place that the Aztecs used for their ceremonies. It was named as Tenochtitlan. In the 19 th century was built a large monument in the center of the square.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mexico City is a pretty nice place to visit. This city gathers beautiful parks, museums and buildings in it. One of the things I like the most about this place is that it is possible to plan a whole day of activities spending not particularly a lot of money. I strongly recommend you walk along Madero's street; you will find cheap "Tacos de Canasta" with quite a delicious taste.

    The biggest restaurants such as Vips & Sanborns are fairly good, but I would say there are a lot of better options. The "Tacos de canasta" is not the only one alternative, you have got quite a few "antojitos" left to try: gorditas, sopes y huaraches are some other examples.

    Maybe you think it is not quite a good idea to get in the crowd, but I am sure you will rather enjoy the trip.

    Do not forget to let me know how well your day out was!

    The biggest restaurants such as Vips & Sanborns are fairly good, but I would say there are a lot of better options. The "Tacos de canasta" is not the only one alternative, you have got quite a few antojitos left to try: gorditas, sopes y huaraches are some other examples.

    Maybe you think it is not quite a good idea to get in the crowd, but I am sure you will rather enjoy the trip.

    Do not forget to let me know how well your day out was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin! I quite agree with you, "Tacos de canasta" is a rather nice place to eat. Another place i sthe restaurant "La Pagoda" there's a rather nice restautrant in the downtown. You should with your family.

      Delete
  12. My hometown is Mexico City and I have always lived in the downtown area, and the most enigmatic place is the Templo Mayor. The area is a historic town and it is also a market town, you can buy clothes, stationery or beauty items, etc. On Venustiano Carranza street you find a restaurant that is not particularly elegant but quite traditional and familiar. I quite agree with the price in this place. But to the north and if you are more adventurous you can visit the Tepito neighborhood, which in some streets could be considered a shanty town where you find old buildings.

    Let me know your opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment